We are looking for a talented construction Design Consultant
Location: Piedmont Triad, NC | Greensboro, NC | Winston Salem, NC | High Point, NC
We are Archadeck Outdoor Living, North America’s leading designer and builder of outdoor living spaces, including decks, porches, sunrooms, hardscape patios, and shade structures. We seek professionals with established residential design expertise who are able to correctly identify customers’ requirements, and then sell our custom building solutions. Previous construction experience is a plus, but strong inter-personal communication skills are required, as are a strong work ethic, excellent problem-solving skills, customer service orientation, and an ability to follow our documented processes.
Design Consultant Job Description:
Responsible for all sales activities in a territory. Diligently follow-up leads received through various sources, including franchise generated, self-generated, referrals, trade alliances, trade organization, etc. Work with ownership to develop and implement annual sales/marketing plan to meet both personal and company goals. Work to the achievement of company goals in the areas of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term relationships. Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients. Ensure that each client receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, maintaining solid product knowledge, keeping promises, meeting deadlines, as well as excelling in all other aspects of customer service.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals generated by the company’s marketing activities and self-generated marketing activities.
- Actively pursue self-generating leads by participating in trade organizations, trade alliances with industry related products/services, and relationships with local professional organizations.
- Anticipate and participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Assist in the implementation of company marketing plans.
- Identify, qualify sales prospects, contact, and follow through to close per the company’s documented sales process.
- Prepare presentations, proposals, and sales contracts.
- Develop and maintain current product knowledge of the deck, porch, and outdoor living product categories.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all available sales materials.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client data base list.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Follow-up with clients for collection of payments based upon the terms of the sales contract.
- Develop annual business plan in conjunction with ownership, including details of activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the Design Consultant on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Mastery of pricing and proposal models.
- Make sales using a collaborative approach with prospects and clients to ensure that the solution sold satisfies the customers’ needs.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes.
- Participates and contributes in educational programs offered to the company as a franchise of Outdoor Living Brands.
Trait and Skill Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong reading, writing, and arithmetic skills.
- 2 years minimum previous sales experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent visualization, conceptualization, math skills required.
- Familiarity and comfort with modern communication and computing technology.
- Good eye for design and construction.
- Excellent driving record.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to learn quickly to adapt to new environments/situations.
- Interest in arts, design, and helping people.
- Desire to constantly learn and innovate with regard to products, methods, and processes.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of construction.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings.
- Ability to identify problems and enact solutions.
- Absolutely MUST be able to flourish in an environment where each project varies and formal job descriptions are somewhat irrelevant if they hinder getting the job completed to customers’ satisfaction.
- A “team player” mentality is fundamental to this position.
Click here to apply for the Design Consultant position